LIRR: Male Struck and Killed by Train at Amityville Station

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York MTA police are investigating the death of an unidentified male who was struck and killed by a train at the Long Island Rail Road’s Amityville station, the LIRR said. The victim was standing on the platform moments before he was struck by a Montauk-bound train at 12:45 p.m., LIRR spokesman Aaron Donovan said. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The train involved in the incident left the Jamaica station at 12:10 p.m. and was due to arrive in Montauk at 3 p.m. Several trains have been delayed due to the incident. Service restored between Seaford and Babylon. Trains continue to bypass Amityville as police investigate the incident.— LIRR (@LIRR) February 28, 2015MTA police have yet to identify the victim.last_img read more

How should the 600 million reportedly hacked users respond?

first_img ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr This past week global hotel chain Marriott International (500 million) and Quora (100 million), one of the largest Q&A internet portals, announced security breaches compromised their data. How should users respond?For approximately 327 million Marriott guests the information included some combination of name, mailing address, phone number, email address, passport number, Starwood Preferred Guest account information, date of birth, gender, arrival and departure information, reservation date, and communication preferences. For some, the data also included encrypted payment card numbers and expiration dates.The personal user data compromised in the Quora breach included, account information (names, emails, hashed passwords, and data imported from linked social networks like Twitter and Facebook); public actions (questions, answers, comments, and upvotes); and non-public content (answer requests, downvotes, and direct messages). continue reading »last_img read more

Pregnant Sadie Robertson, Christian Huff Reveal 1st Child’s Sex

first_imgSurprise! Pregnant Sadie Robertson revealed the sex of her and husband Christian Huff’s first child on Saturday, November 7.“It’s a girl!” the mom-to-be’s sister Rebecca Robertson Loflin revealed on Instagram as she shared a pic of the couple covered in rose-colored paint at their gender reveal celebration. “Congrats @legitsadierob & @christian_huff 💕🎉 we are so excited to be adding some pink to our fam!!”Pregnant Sadie Robertson Reveals Sex of 1st Child With Husband Christian HuffChristian Huff and Sadie Robertson Courtesy of Sadie Robertson/Instagram- Advertisement – The Duck Dynasty alum, 23, announced earlier this month that she and the Florida native, 22, have a little one on the way. “SCREAMING WITH EXCITEMENT TO SHARE THIS NEWS!” the former reality star captioned an October 4 Instagram slideshow. “Baby we already adore you. What I’ve learned from you already — God has still been creating. God is still believing in us. God is still bringing forth LIFE. Hope is still to come. How we choose to live will affect your generation to come, so I want to live my life to the fullest and be loud for you.”Huff shared the news with a post of his own, writing, “Mom & Dad.”Bindi Irwin commented, “Congratulations!” on the social media upload, while Bachelor Nation’s Catherine Giudici wrote, “Aaaaahhhh! This is amazing! So so excited for you.”- Advertisement – Later that same week, the Louisiana native debuted her baby bump in a mirror selfie. “Can’t wait to watch my baby/belly grow,” Robertson wrote.She and Huff were “not not trying” to get pregnant when they conceived, the Dancing With the Stars alum said on the Wednesday, October 21, episode of her “WHOA That’s Good Podcast.” She explained, “I guess we shouldn’t have been that surprised, but we were super surprised. I didn’t think I was pregnant at all.”- Advertisement – After finding herself “so hungry” and having a pregnancy dream, the actress took a test. “I was freaking out, literally laughing with tears running down my face,” she recalled. “It was just such a miraculous feeling to know that I had a child inside of me. I dropped to my knees I was just so thankful.”She and the Auburn University grad tied the knot in November 2019 in Louisiana and are getting their “relationship in shape” before becoming parents.“Anything [that comes up], we’re like, ‘Man. We want to get that figured out before we have a baby,’” Robertson explained on an October 7 podcast episode. “We are paving the way for the next generation, and it’s a really cool thing.”Listen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories! – Advertisement –last_img read more

Ivana Alilović, Zagreb County Tourist Board: In order to remain competitive, we must keep up with innovative trends

first_img“In order to remain competitive, we need to keep up with innovative trends such as the digital revolution, ever-higher environmental standards and the sustainable development of local communities. It is necessary to emphasize the development of eno-gastronomy, which is promoted as one of the motives for coming to the destination, so I see Zagreb County in 2020 as one of the most desirable tourist destinations, whose offer is based on eno-gastronomic experience, in line with innovative, but again with traditional and sustainable and responsible tourism development ” concludes Alilović.  ZAGREB COUNTY Tourist Board PRESENTS NEW PROMOTIONAL FILM – VISIT ZAGREB COUNTY This is the summary of the tourist year 2019 in Zagreb County, and we talked about future plans in 2020 with the director of the Zagreb County Tourist Board, Ivan Alilović.  Such an approach would affect not only the promotion of Croatian tourism and the expansion of the tourist offer with the aim of increasing the number of tourist arrivals, as a year-round destination, but also targeting guests with stronger purchasing power and multisectoral connections (primarily tourism with food processing sector). investments, preservation and promotion of one’s own identity and tradition, as well as strengthening the quality of life and generally creating the image of the destination and smart specialization of the Zagreb County region ” says Alilović.  This year, the Zagreb County Tourist Board will have a more competitive tourism management model with an emphasis on positioning and promoting the Zagreb County destination based on the integrated identity of the area and a portfolio of experiences based on territorial capital and regional specifics, cultural heritage and tradition, local production and service system. Alilović adds: Zagreb County in 2019 recorded 139.720 tourist arrivals, which is 14 percent more than in the same period in 2018 (123.008), and the number of overnight stays also increased by 12 percent from 205.003 to 229.827. RELATED NEWS:center_img The goals of the established activities of the Tourist Board for 2020 are further intensive promotion of existing tourism products and programs with defined target markets, intensive cooperation of tourist boards and tourism entities, development and improvement of selective forms of tourism by creating new tourism products based on cultural, eno and gastronomic, natural and historical tourist resources of Zagreb County. The most visited cities were Velika Gorica, Samobor and Jastrebarsko, which recorded an increase in tourist overnight stays by 35 percent, largely due to newly opened hotels. Tourists mostly stayed in hotels, household facilities and camps, and according to the organization of arrivals, as many as 75 percent of them came individually, while the other 25 percent came as an agency. Of the total number of arrivals, 107.821 guests were foreign guests who realized 69.732 overnight stays, while domestic guests realized 31.899 arrivals and 60.095 overnight stays. In 2019, Zagreb County was mostly visited by tourists from China and South Korea, followed by traditionally guests from Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, France and the USA. Alilović also emphasizes the important role of the Zagreb County Tourist Board to communicate changes, new products and arrival motives together with the organization of local tourist boards, private sector and other interest groups in target markets, especially new ones, and position Zagreb County as a desirable tourist destination.last_img read more

Woods still struggling to get to grips with Bryant’s death

first_img Promoted Content7 Most Beautiful Indian Top Models EverWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time10 Most Evil Female Characters In Disney MoviesWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?6 TV Characters Whose Departures Have Made The Shows BetterEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth “It’s hard to put into words what transpired and the fact that it’s a reality,” 15-time major golf champion Woods said Tuesday at Riviera Country Club, where he is preparing to tee off Thursday in the Genesis Invitational. “Part of me thinks that it’s not real.”The 41-year-old Bryant, a retired NBA legend with the Los Angeles Lakers, and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna were among nine people killed in the January 26 crash in the Santa Monica Mountains west of Los Angeles.They were on their way to a girls’ basketball tournament at Bryant’s Mamba Sports Academy in suburban Thousand Oaks – not far from Sherwood Country Club, which hosted Woods’s Hero World Challenge tournament for years.Woods learned of Bryant’s death just after he completed his final round at Torrey Pines that Sunday. The 15-time major champion, who said he grew up a “diehard Lakers fan,” noted that he turned pro the same year that Bryant was drafted into the NBA to start a 20-year career that would include five titles with the Lakers.“I don’t really know what I said post-round,” Woods said Tuesday. “I was in shock just like everyone else, trying to put it in words going forward.“The reality of the situation is Kobe and Gigi are not here, but it’s hard to accept,” Woods continued.“People who are close him and all the families, it’s just hard to accept that reality.”Bryant’s widow, Vanessa, has announced a public “celebration of life” for Kobe, Gianna and the other crash victims will be held on February 24 at Staples Center arena.The date – 2-24-20 – honors the jersey numbers 2 and 24 worn by Gianna and Bryant and the 20 years Bryant was in the NBA.Tournament host Tiger Woods speaks during a press conference prior to the US PGA Tour Genesis Invitational at Riviera Country ClubRead Also: Vanessa Bryant announces ‘celebration of life’ for Kobe, GiannaBut even as such plans go forward, Vanessa Bryant took to Instagram on Monday to express her own struggle to come to terms with her family’s loss.“My brain refuses to accept that both Kobe and Gigi are gone,” she wrote. “I can’t process both at the same time. It’s like I’m trying to process Kobe being gone but my body refuses to accept my Gigi will never come back to me. It feels wrong … I’m so mad. She had so much life to live.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 More than two weeks after Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash, Tiger Woods is among those who find the shock may have worn off but disbelief remains.Advertisement Loading… last_img read more

Tina Marie Perrry

first_imgTina Marie Perry, 46 of Versailles IN, passed away on February 26, 2019 at her residence.  She was born on October 2, 1972 in Phoenix, Arizona.She is survived by her Step Father George (Mary) Hanes from Holton, her brother Russell Hanes from Osgood, and her niece Patience Hanes.A visitation will be held on Sunday, March 3, 2019 from 4 – 6 p.m. at Meyers Funeral Home in Batesville and the funeral will start at 6:00 p.m. with her Aunt Pam Young officiating.Donations may be given to the Meyers Funeral Home to help cover expenses.last_img read more

Cabaye move completed

first_imgParis St Germain have confirmed the signing of Yohan Cabaye from Newcastle. The France midfielder has penned a three-and-a-half-year contract at the Parc des Princes. The Ligue 1 champions said in a statement: “Paris St Germain is delighted to announce the transfer of Yohan Cabaye to the capital club from Newcastle United until June 2017. He will wear the number four jersey.” PSG had a £14million bid for Cabaye rejected by the Magpies on Sunday but the French club have now secured the services of the 28-year-old. Neither club have revealed the final price tag for Cabaye – with Newcastle announcing the sale for “an undisclosed fee” on their website – but reports in France on Wednesday suggest PSG have paid in the region of £20million. Cabaye said of his move: “I was won over by the ambitious project at Paris St Germain and I can’t wait to join this exceptional squad and help the team reach its objectives in France and in Europe.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

EPA approves two Lysol products as the first to effectively kill novel coronavirus on surfaces

first_imgThe US Environmental Protection Agency has approved two Lysol products as effective against the novel coronavirus when used on hard, non-porous surfaces.Lysol Disinfectant Spray and Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist meet the EPA’s criteria for use against the SARS-CoV-2. Laboratory testing found that both these products kill the coronavirus two minutes after contact, the agency announced in a statement Monday.While there are more than 420 products on the list of disinfectants that the EPA says are strong enough to ward off “harder-to-kill” viruses than the novel coronavirus, the two Lysol products are the first to have been tested directly against the virus and proved effective.Lysol said in a statement it is currently working on testing the efficacy of other disinfectant products against Covid-19.last_img read more

Celtic score historic treble-treble with Scottish Cup win

first_img(REUTERS) – Scottish champions Celtic fought back from a goal down to beat Heart of Midlothian 2-1 in the Scottish Cup final to clinch an unprecedented ‘treble-treble’ at Hampden Park in Glasgow yesterday.Celtic have now won all three domestic trophies on offer – the Scottish Premiership, Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup – for the third consecutive year.Celtic won the League Cup in December, beating Aberdeen 1-0 in the final, and sealed their eighth consecutive league title earlier this month.“You’ll never see this again,” Celtic boss Neil Lennon, who succeeded Brendan Rodgers in February, told the BBC. “In footballing parlance, it’s impossible (to put this into words). That’s nine trophies out of nine, it’s remarkable.”Ryan Edwards gave Celtic a scare with a goal for Hearts in the 52nd minute but French striker Odsonne Edouard grabbed a brace, the second a penalty, to give Lennon’s side victory and a place in history.last_img read more

With our New Stadium, We Must be Contenders, Says Pochettino

first_imgMauricio Pochettino was enjoying himself so much that when Tottenham’s press officer attempted to halt Tuesday’s news conference, the manager stopped him.“No, I am comfortable. It’s not too many times you play the quarter-finals – let me enjoy it, please,” he smiled. Tottenham are treating this run to the Champions League’s last eight as a free hit but Pochettino revealed that attitude will change dramatically next season.He claimed that from August, when the new £1billion stadium begins its first full campaign, Spurs should expect to start winning trophies and challenge for the biggest honours at home and abroad. ‘After this season, a chapter is going to be closed and we are going to start another chapter and we need to translate to our fans what we need to do,’ Pochettino said “With our new stadium, we need to be contenders to fight for the Champions League and the Premier League because we have the tools to be there.“It is going to be tough to find a way to be on the same level (as Real Madrid and Barcelona). There is a lot of work to be on the level we want in the future. If your expectation is to win the league, maybe you need to sign players or have a different budget.“We are here now because we love to compete and we love to win. Of course if you compare us with another team we are in a different financial position or have a different strategy or plan over the last four or five years.“We are achieving a lot, that if you go back no one would believe. For me, a title with Tottenham is a massive dream.”Tottenham are in Manchester owning a one-goal lead from last week’s absorbing first leg. They must preserve that without the injured Harry Kane, Harry Winks and Eric Dier. Dele Alli’s hand injury will be assessed.Hugo Lloris, wary of the attacking threat a wounded City have at their disposal, told his teams to ‘use their brains,’ as they hunt for away goals.“We have to try to enjoy this moment,” Lloris said. ‘We’re all excited and ready to fight tomorrow to try to make history. We all want to play this type of game. It’s important to have fresh minds and body and leave the pitch without regret.“It’s about the mentality, the spirit. We are ready to suffer. We are going to suffer tomorrow. But we can make the game difficult too. It’s about enjoying it at this stage, to be ready to compete.“Our project is quite clear. Every season we improve. We’re in a good position and it’s a massive opportunity for the club. Whatever happens tomorrow we can be proud of everything.”Pressure had not really touched Spurs in this competition until Pochettino’s former Paris Saint-Germain team-mate Ronaldinho predicted that they have the ability to lift the trophy in Madrid.“Wow,” Pochettino said. “He knows a lot about football and I am going to respect him. Why not? In football anything can happen. Like in life, you must believe and have trust in yourself and your quality.“It is good that people like Ronaldinho think you have the quality to win. That increases our belief. I learn a lot from him, laughing, smiling, dancing. Football is a sport, if you want to play well, you have to be happy and smile.”There are fewer smiles around ole foe Pep Guardiola but the Tottenham boss refuted suggestions that these games have added spice given the pair’s rivalry.“It is not a motivation or bigger challenge,’ he said. ‘The challenge is that Guardiola is maybe the best manager in the world. What he is did at Barcelona, Bayern Munich and now City is unbelievable. He shows his quality. For us, it is not easy. Our successes have been different with different pressures.”RESULTSBarcelona 3-0 Man UtdJuventus 1-2 AjaxTODAYFC Porto v LiverpoolMan City v TottenhamShare this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more