“The data suggests that even as companies adjust to supply disruptions – even anticipating normalizing supply conditions by the third quarter – they are expecting lower aggregate demand this year, which promises to be the most long-lasting impact of the virus outbreak,” ISM chief executive Thomas W. Derry said in a statement.ISM said 95 percent of respondents have been impacted by supply chain disruptions or will be as of late March, up from more than 80 percent earlier in the month, according to the survey of 559 companies in the manufacturing and services sectors taken between March 17-30.Meanwhile, 57 percent reported drops in demand by an average of five percent, and nearly half reported they had lowered their revenue targets, on average by 22 percent.Capital expenditure plans were down among more than a third of companies, on average by 27 percent. Almost all United States companies surveyed in the last half of March said the coronavirus pandemic would or already had hit their supply chains, an industry association said Tuesday.The survey from the Institute of Supply Management (ISM) also showed half of the firms cutting their revenue targets, hiring plans and investments in the face of the pandemic.Read also: Airports reduce hours, close terminals following sharp decline in flight traffic Employment was also impacted, with 54 percent of companies saying they would delay hiring at least for this quarter, while a third would cut employees’ hours and around a quarter would reduce staffing altogether.Read also: Millions to lose jobs, fall into poverty as Indonesia braces for recessionNot surprisingly amid the virus outbreak, demand for in the health care sector soared by 50 percent, the survey showed. However, Derry noted that companies who diversified their supply base in response to the trade wars launched by President Donald Trump, “are potentially more equipped to address the effects of COVID-19 on their supply chains.”One of the survey’s few positive indicators was that staffing levels for firms operating in China, where the coronavirus originated, had hit 82 percent of normal in March, up from 56 percent in February.Topics :
Buyer Ben Landers. Photo Adam armstrong.With an opening bid of $650,000, the property sold for $780,000 to Ben Landers who plans to move into the home next month.Belle Property — Paddington agent Caroline Brown said she was happy for both the seller and buyer. Samson and Jocelyn Reynolds with Place- Bulimba agent Joanna Gianniotis.Battling it out with three registered bidders, the couple bought the two-bedroom, one-bathroom home at 27 Baron St, Greenslopes for $640,000. 48 Murray St, Wilston sold under the hammer for $891,000.There was no time for pranks at 48 Murray St, Wilston.Ray White — Ascot selling agent Ian Cuneo said the three-bedroom, one-bathroom home sold under the hammer for $891,000.With 13 registered bidders on board, he said there was a crowd of about 50 people.Mr Cuneo said the property, which was offered to the market for the first time, attracted plenty of interest.“There was interest for renovators, people to create their own designs or develop underneath,” he said. The auction crowd at 27 Baron St, Greenslopes.Place — Bulimba selling agent Joanna Gianniotis said the Queenslander was previously an investment property. Ms Gianniotis said entry level homes, like 27 Baron St, offered the perfect opportunity for someone to either renovate or build their dream home in this prime inner-city suburb. Tap here for a full list of Queensland auction results. 142 Temple St, Coorparoo.Over at Coorparoo, a cute colonial cottage sold under the hammer for $632,500.The new owners, a young professional couple, bought the two-bedroom, one-bathroom property at 142 Temple St in front of a crowd of almost 60 people.Ray White — South Brisbane selling agent Will Bertelsen said there was plenty of local interest in the home.“We had seven registered bidders and sold it to first home buyers,” he said. Dr Anne Tanner sold her 1930s art deco home at Bardon under the hammer. Photo: Adam armstrong.Brisbane buyers were keen to get down to business this morning as plenty of April Fool’s jokes were thrown around at local auctions..At 36 Carey St, Bardon, a crowd of almost 25 people gathered to hear Belle Property auctioneer Ted Walton postpone the auction for another week.However his prank fell on deaf ears. 27 Baron St, Greenslopes.Meanwhile it was tears of joy for Samson and Jocelyn Reynolds who bought a cute Queenslander at auction this morning. 36 Carey Street, Bardon.It was obvious the crowd was keen to find out who the new owner of this beautiful art deco home would be.Owner Dr Anne Tanner bought the property in 1989 and said she was keen to see how it would go at auction.Dr Tanner said she was keen to move onto her next step and wanted to sell her investment property.“I’ve had tenants in here,” she said.“I used to drive past this house all the time and I just thought it was so cute.” Ted Walton at 36 Carey St, Bardon. Photo Adam armstrong.Dr Tanner, who lives at Bardon, said she had done some renovations to the property, on a 508sq m block.Meanwhile the granddaughter of the builder who created the two-bedroom, one-bathroom Carey St home was also present at the auction. More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this homeless than 1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor6 hours ago69 Queenscroft St, Chelmer sold under the hammer to a young couple.At 69 Queenscroft St, Chelmer a crowd of about 50 people erupted in applause when auctioneer Matt Condon walked out.Place — Graceville selling agent Brad Robson said he wanted to play a joke on Mr Condon, and before the auction asked the crowd to get on board to ‘help embarras him’.“It worked, he walked out and there was a massive round of applause,” Mr Robson said.All jokes aside, Mr Robson said the property sold under the hammer for $1.125 million.“We had a starting bid of $700,000 and we had five registered bidders,” Mr Robson said.He said a young couple who lived in the area bought the property.“They wanted a bigger home for their family,” he said. FREE: Get the latest real estate news direct to your inbox. 85 Stratton Tce, Manly.At Manly a three-bedroom, one-bathroom cottage sold under the hammer for $620,000.Re/MAX Advantage — Manly selling agent Trish Breen said the seller was “over the moon” with the results.There were six registered bidders, with a crowd of about 30 to 40 people at the auction of 85 Statton Tce.Ms Breen said the starting bid was $500,000 and the property, which featured a 70s-style kitchen, sold above reserve.Ms Breen said a couple bought the property and were relocating from Melbourne.
Image source: IADCThe International Association of Dredging Companies’ (IADC) seminar on dredging and land reclamation took place last month in Delft, the Netherlands. A group of 23 participants originating from 17 different countries attended the 55th seminar, hosted by IADC since 1993.Each year in June, the seminar takes place at the IHE Institute for Water Education.In addition to lectures on topics such as equipment, survey and soil investigation, participants went on a site visit to the Van Oord yard in Moerdijk.They visited Artemis, the cutter suction dredger which is moored alongside the cable-laying vessel Nexus.In the second half of the week, the participants competed in teams to generate the best tender for a site-specific dredging project.The winning bid was produced by Hector Manzo Salazar, Ahmed Aiman Shareef, Jakob Schneider, Dmytro Nadieiev, Gustavo Manuel Portillo Martínez and Justine Holzman.The next seminar takes place in Singapore from 2-6 October 2017.Image source: IADC
Share 41 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! Share FaithInternationalLifestylePrint Pope Benedict XVI rebukes Austrian dissident priests by: – April 5, 2012 Tweet Share The Pope said the Church had no authority from God to admit women priests.Pope Benedict XVI has sharply condemned a group of dissident Austrian priests and laymen for questioning key teachings of the Catholic Church.The group, known as the Pfarrer Initiative, has challenged the church on topics such as priestly celibacy and its ban on female priests.Speaking during a Maundy Thursday mass in the Vatican, the Pope said he would not tolerate disobedience.Correspondents say the pontiff’s criticism was unusually outspoken.About 15% of Austria’s 2,000 priests signed the initiative’s call for disobedience in June last year.The appeal calls for “long-needed reforms” and the “admission of women and married people to the priesthood”.The Pope said he understood that the priests were acting out of concern for the Church and thought drastic action was needed.“But is disobedience really a way to do this?” he asked worshippers gathered in St Peter’s basilica.‘Own preferences’He accused the group of making “a desperate push to do something to change the Church in accordance with one’s own preferences and ideas”.The Pope added that his teachings on the subjects raised by the group were not his own, but the Church’s.“We preach not private theories and opinions, but the faith of the Church, whose servants we are,” he said.He also directly rebuffed demands for the Church to allow the ordination of women, “for which Blessed Pope John Paul II stated irrevocably that the Church has received no authority from the Lord”.Maundy Thursday is the day when Catholic priests traditionally renew the vows they made when they were ordained, including that of celibacy, says the BBC’s David Willey in Rome.BBC News
Sharing is caring! Tweet News Dr. Grell Chosen to Provide Recommendations to Chinese Builders on the Reconstruction of the Princess Margaret Hospital. by: – April 15, 2011 Share Ross university professor and Dean of Clinical and Community Affairs Dr. Gerald Grell has been selected to a committee which is responsible for providing recommendations to the Architect and Chinese builders of the reconstruction of the new and upgraded Chinese funded Princess Margaret Hospital.Dr. Grell has already submitted a fourteen point list of suggestions and recommendations to the committee and has advised that we need a facility which we can sell.He stated that a new upgraded medical facility which provides continuous education, training to our medical personnel, upgraded equipment, proper health care and a general hospital which can be recognized and known by the other Caribbean countries is what that is needed.News reporter: Grace HendersonDominica Vibes News Share 39 Views no discussions Share
Share Share Sharing is caring! LocalNews Gay cruise company president issues statement regarding passenger’s arrest by: – March 22, 2012 Tweet 30 Views one comment Share Rich Campbell. Photo credit: FacebookPresident of Atlantis Events Inc Rich Campbell has issued a statement regarding a recent incident which occurred in Dominica were two passengers who were aboard the Celebrity X Cruises were arrested and charged for indecent exposure.Dennis Mayer and John Hart both citizens of California pleaded guilty to the charge of indecent exposure when they appeared before chief magistrate Evelina Baptiste on Thursday.Both men “humbly” apologized for disrespecting Dominican law and explaining that the purpose of their visit was to enjoy the island and have fun.Campbell issued the statement on the company’s Facebook page apologizing for the late post which he says was due to limited internet.He “sincerely” asked that people obtain “the facts before condemning Atlantis or Dominica for what happened”. According to Campbell, here are the facts:“Yesterday morning around 9:30 am two of our guests were seen engaging in a sexual act outdoors on their balcony in full public view of the port and town. Not only did many of the residents witness the act, several of our guests saw this incident as well. The local authorities responded to a complaint by several residents. The two gentlemen were arrested on a misdemeanor charge of public indecency and detained overnight. They appeared in front of the local magistrate this morning, paid a small fine, and were released in full.Please understand that the complaint and subsequent arrests had nothing to do with the guests’ sexual orientation, nor was any “anti-gay” law invoked. These guests were engaged in behavior that is inappropriate in any port of call, or major city for that matter. The guests were never left on their own. We had both representatives from Atlantis and Celebrity cruises with them at all times during their ordeal and had our local representatives look after them last night. Furthermore, we worked closely with the US Embassy in Barbados to assure that their safety was always being monitored. Atlantis had 2000 guests in port yesterday in Dominica and most of them had an outstanding time visiting the country. Celebrity Cruises has been extremely supportive, working with Atlantis to insure these guests’ safety and security despite their detention in Dominica. We commend them for their unwavering support through this incident”.The men were ordered to pay a fine of EC$2400.00 each. Dominica Vibes News
ILOILO City – A 17-year-old lad was nabbed for allegedly stabbing to death a mentally-ill man in Barangay Poblacion, Concepcion, Iloilo. According to police investigators, Jun and Renato figured in a heated argument. This prompted the suspect to attack Renato using a bladed weapon around 11 p.m. on July 8. Renato was rushed to the Sara District Hospital but was declared dead while being treated. Police only identified the suspect as a certain “Jun” of Barangay Pinay Espinosa, Ajuy, Iloilo. He was accused of stabbing Renato Bitalac, a resident of Barangay Poblacion. It was, however, not immediately established what triggered the altercation. The minor, meanwhile, was under the custody of the municipal police station for proper disposition./PN
SUNMAN, Ind. — State Road 101 south of Sunman was closed due to a crash Wednesday afternoon.Indiana State Police reported that electric lines were down as a result from the crash.Police say the crash occurred around 3:30 PM, and residents of Sunman report that the high way remained closed after 9:00 PM Wednesday night.State Police are still investigating the crash, and names have not yet been released.
MONROETON, Pa. – The start of Keith Lamphere’s senior year at Towanda High School will have to wait.He’s coming to Boone.Lamphere, 17 years old as of July 17, a three-year veteran of the IMCA Modified division and the current point leader in Dirt Works Eastern Region, will make his first competitive trip to the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals next month.“As a driver, Super Nationals has always been on my bucket list,” said Lamphere. “My cousin (Logan Terry) also races a Modified and told me about Super Nationals. I watched it on TV before going with Jason Benjamin to watch last year.”Benjamin shares space in Lamphere’s Monroeton, Pa., shop and will join him on the 1,000-plus mile trip out west.Their convoy will include a toter, a trailer with plenty of spare parts and “15 or so” crew members.“We got out there last year and just watched. All the cars and all the people were just amazing. It’s a different world out there than it is on the Northeast Coast,” Lamphere said. “It just killed us to be at Boone and not be able to race. We decided on the second night we were there that we’d bring our cars this year.”After recording the first two wins of his IMCA career in 2014, Lamphere had seven checkers to his credit through his first 38 sanctioned starts this season.“I’m trying to learn everything now about the car that I can to get better. We’ve got setup down pretty good right now,” said Lamphere, who’d worked his way back into the national top 20 point standings in late July. “The biggest thing for us has been going from a larger track on Friday to a smaller one on Saturday.”As a spectator, he developed an appreciation for the regular farming sessions each night of Super Nationals. As a first-time competitor at Boone, Lamphere looks forward to benefitting from that careful attention.“Having seen how the track is prepped, I’m excited to see what it’s like racing at Super Nationals,” Lamphere said. “How they prep the track at Boone is a game changer.”Sponsored by Lamphere’s Truck Parts of Monroeton, Close Racing Supply of Eldred and Chad Ely Race Engines and Insinger Performance Fuels both of Dushore, Lamphere shares the ultimate goal of making the Saturday night main event. No driver from Pennsylvania has made it into the big dance.“Realistically, I’d like to win a heat race and make it into a qualifying feature. That’s one of my goals,” he said. “I think going to Boone will help us learn how the car reacts in different ways and help us run better back home.”
“Simply put, this is a case initiated by Uefa,prosecuted by Uefa and judged by Uefa. With this prejudicial process now over,the club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and willtherefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitrationfor Sport at the earliest opportunity.” The reigning PremierLeague champions have also been fined 30m euros (£25m). Manchester Citysay they are “disappointed but not surprised” by the “prejudicial” decision andwill appeal. Manchester City said in a statement: “The club hasalways anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body andprocess to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidencein support of its position. The independent AdjudicatoryChamber of the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) said City had broken therules by “overstating its sponsorship revenue in its accounts and in the break-eveninformation submitted to Uefa between 2012 and 2016”, adding that the club“failed to cooperate in the investigation”. The decision issubject to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. “In December 2018, the Uefa chief investigatorpublicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered toManchester City, before any investigation had even begun. Manchester City have been banned fromEuropean club competition for the next two seasons after being found to havecommitted “serious breaches” of Uefa’s club licensing and financial fair playregulations. “The subsequent flawed and consistently leakedUefa process he oversaw has meant that there was little doubt in the resultthat he would deliver. The club has formally complained to the Uefadisciplinary body, a complaint which was validated by a CAS ruling. City have been drawn to face Real Madrid in thelast 16 of this season’s Champions League, with the first leg to be played on26 February at the Bernabeu.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram